August 25, 2010
– Your kitchen is immaculate as always, a kingdom. I am awestruck, speechless, a child entering a magic kingdom of perfection
– Here have some mushrooms and shallots, sautéed in white wine
– Tell me about meats, please, I am famished
– Dripping juicy rump steaks, filet mignons, T-bone steaks, pork fillets, cow’s tongues, pig trotters, racks of ribs, lamb shanks, lamb cutlets, deer fillet, wild boar tournedos, sizzling on grills, pans, frying tables, chicken livers fried with onions, foie gras toast on baguette slices, turkey breast in honey and spices, ostrich medallions in orange sauce, baby chickens on spits, quail marinated for six hours, hard sausages from France, Hungary, Italy, courgettes, aubergines, cucumbers, baby potatoes, plum tomatoes, carrots, smoked salmon fillets, monkfish steaks, braised tuna steaks, halibut, sole, swordfish sashimi, large oysters with shallot dressing, mussels cooked in wine and in beer, raw shrimp on beds of rice and wasabi, white wine from Alsace, Graves, Bourgogne, Montrachet, red wine from Valpolicella, Montepulciano, Brunello, Bordeaux, Champagne from small producers, cognac from private stashes, armagnac
– Stop, I cannot take it, just pause, let me breathe
– Apple pies, plum pies, pear tarts, peach tartines, blueberry shortcakes, cinnamon swirls, custard, chocolate mousse, fruit salad with porto, creme caramel, vanilla and chocolate ice cream, raspberry and lemon sorbet, tea from Ceylon infused with spices with fresh cream, rough hand broken sugar cubes, Swiss chocolat pastilles, truffles, chocolate fondues
– Ah, see how you made me sweat, my whole body is trembling, powerless. Pass me the cigarettes, can I smoke in here?